At 10:39 The Milton Fire Department was dispatched to Satellite Drive in West Chillisquaque Township for an odor of gas inside a residence. Chief 1502 arrived and made contact with the caller. Upon investigation it was discovered that the furnace in the residence had malfunctioned causing damage to the unit and caused the vent cap to blow off the roof. Engine 15 arrived and made sure there was no fire or a gas leak. Crews shut the power and gas off to the unit until the homeowner could have it checked. Units on scene: Chiefs 1502, 1503 Derr, Engine 15, MICU 15, and CO 15 Fire Police. Photos by 1503.